Happy Tell a Fairytale Day, folksies!!!
So, yeah, today is Fairytale Appreciation Day. Naturally I would be writing a post for this day– would you expect any less from me?
I was trying to decide what I should post for this day, and I took an awful lot of time doing that… until guess what? TA-DA, I have this brilliant but crazy idea to MAKE MY OWN CHARACTER BLOG TAG.
Yay me! 😛
I know that before today, none of you have ever heard of my precious darlings. Ever. I can’t believe myself. I’m pretty sure by now you all probably doubt I’m an actual writer, but believe me, I am. Today shall be proof of that. Big proof. Because I have lots of characters. 🙂
Note: I have this big thing against using pictures of real people as my characters, because it just makes me feel weird, and also they don’t even look exactly the same. I’m working on a collection of character drawings so that I won’t have to use them, but I’m sad to say that today is an exception. So thank you, Pinterest. You are very helpful.
So. Here we shall begin…
- Very graciously thank the blogger who tagged you.
- Answer the following ten questions in the tag. Images of your characters are encouraged, but not necessary.
- You may only use Original Characters (OCs) for this tag. As expected.
- Characters from fairytale retellings are not allowed. Because then that would be too easy.
- Explain why your character matches the description, because if you don’t, that would not be fun.
- MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU’RE DOING. Do not hurt your little babies in this process.
- Link back to this post: https://imperialscribis.wordpress.com/2019/02/26/tell-a-fairytale-day-the-heroes-of-legend-character-tag/ so I can read about all the fun your characters embark on! 😀
- Tag a few other bloggers to play this game too! (And make sure they’re writers… because if you tag a non-writer to do this one, it would be really awkward.)
Which of your characters…
1. Is most likely to be turned into a frog (and then thrown against the wall because of additional obnoxiousness)?
I was actually quite stumped by my own question on this one. 😛 I had to ask my sister about it, and she told me that the most perfect character for this question was one of my most precious darlings who had to undergo an IMMENSE character change arc. Immense. Like, I’ve got it all planned out and everything, but I still haven’t dared put his name to paper yet. But it’s true; this guy has some narcissistic issues to work through.
Luke of House Leppard here, he could probably live with being turned into a frog. And I can think of several other characters from Andromeda who would gladly throw him against a wall in frog form. 😀
2. Could probably persuade a man–sent to kill them on pain of death– not to kill them, through charisma or charm alone (or manipulation, whichever way you take it)?
Well that’s easy. This one took about half a second to figure out.
Yep, that’s Austin Hill from my Andromeda storyverse. I think he appeared like twice in the actual novel, but he’s a major character in the series line. He’s very good at
manipulation being charismatic. But even so, I love him very much and he’s still quite a nice person. I think. Just dangerous. And I’m not entirely sure if he’s sane.
*whispers* Sorry I didn’t put up a picture of some guy who looks like him, but… apparently no one featured on Pinterest looks like my Austin Hill.
3. Is that kind of person who waves around a weapon (or other sharp pointy object) everywhere they go, regardless of their skill in handling it (which is to say, probably quite doubtful)?
Hands down, that’s definitely Ivan Mikhailov (who is also from Andromeda, but in the actual book). Ivan my dearest child is very… let’s say, very gestural, to say the least. If you happened to put a dagger or knife in his hand while he’s talking… well then. Please exit the room immediately. It’s for your own safety, I swear.
4. Can endure the most pain with a stoic, completely neutral face (maybe s/he’s dancing)?
Introducing my dear boy Krula, aka the master of hidden expressions, from Andromeda. Even I’m impressed with his skill at this thing. Considering I’m his Narrator, after all… (yes I call myself my people’s Narrator so what you should too you know) 😀
Oh and no, he can’t dance. Heheh.
And yes, he is completely 100% human. Why would you ask.
5. Is most likely to pull off a Hua Mulan and face a trial as one of the opposite gender if need arises?
No doubt, this is my lovely Princess Fyona Fledgline from Andromeda. She appears very calm and demure, but really…
I ADORE Fyona. She is ridiculously fun to write, and I hope that one day she’ll be fun to read about too. As of yet, I know she is one feisty girl with one hefty load of opinion, and one heavy burden of duty. She definitely would prefer to be renowned as a historical legend, rather than a fairytale (
because guys Mulan is not a fairytale). But anyways. ❤ She’s been one of my characters for a long time– longer than the story she belongs in, actually– and I still love her to death. ❤
6. Would be quickest to obey a talking cat when it demands them to buy it a pair of boots?
Probably Princess Orinda from The Princess Whose Kingdom Burned. She’s not naïve to that degree, but she’s the kind of gal who would do something, then drag an explanation out of someone afterward. 🙂 That’s my girl.
7. Is willing to do anything– absolutely anything– in order to rescue someone s/he loves (includes killing innocent foxes and asking the moon for help)?
Probably Serelei Floe from The Vizier’s Game. Particularly if the “someone” in question is her younger brother Jonathan (which is actually pretty funny because the whole book revolves around… never mind I can’t tell).
8. Seems to stubbornly not die no matter what you put them through (if you haven’t tried the Big Bad Wolf, now’s the time)?
Class, meet Will Dyle, the grumpy British character everyone loves BUT WHO KEEPS MANAGING TO SURVIVE THROUGH EVERYTHING. Poor Will is world-weary and just… pessimistic, I guess, and I’m not even going to start a count on how many times I’ve tried to give him a concussion in Andromeda. (Apparently he has a really thick skull.) (Just don’t tell him I said that; it could end up being offensive.) (It probably is offensive; I just didn’t mean it that way. I mean,
I keep knocking him out but he wakes up every time perfectly fine and just a tad bit grumpier is this even scientifically possible)
9. Is the terrifyingly malicious, extra-megalomaniacal, wildly unpredictable Queen of Hearts/Bluebeard villain (the kind that makes you want to run and hide)?
*Hides under covers* AAAGGHHH HE’S SO SCARY YOU JUST NEED PUT A FAKE BLUE BEARD ON HIM
I’M NOT SHOWING A PICTURE OF HIS ACTUAL FACE, OKAY,
I’LL JUST SHOW YOU THIS
*whispers* His name is …………… (Sorry, I’m not sure what happened)
10. Is the terrifyingly placid, blood-freezingly calm, monotone-voiced villain that is Every Fairytale Villain in History Incarnate (the kind that makes you want to run and hide)?
This one is a little easier to place. *Deep breath*
Lady Aethelind Vellore from The Princess Whose Kingdom Burned is a side-antagonist,
but probably even scarier than the main antagonist I think I need to fix that.
Whew, that was long… but fun!
Hope you enjoyed that, even though the majority of my characters here are from Andromeda. (It’s okay, maybe you’ll get to know more of them in the future. Haha.) Now for the tagging part…
Abigail @ Books, Life, and Christ
Kell @ Reveries
Nicole @ Legend of a Writer
Jenna @ Jenna Terese, and
Anika @ Anika Walkes
ALSO, I TAG ANY OTHER WRITER WHO’S READING THIS, SO IF YOU’RE READING THIS, YOU ARE TAGGED. My tag victims up above, you don’t have to do this tag if you’re not comfortable sharing about your characters, or if you just don’t like tags, buuuut it would be awfully fun. 😀
*looks up* And there goes my first ever character tag. Now to start doing the other tags for which I’ve been tagged… sighhh….
To you peeps, I want to know what you think! About my precious darlings! And about Tell a Fairytale Day. Yeah, tell me down below what your favorite fairytale is!! 🙂
Until next time,
P.S. These are not how my real characters look. They’re only… examples. Yes, examples. 🙂