Hey there, I’m Merie! I’m the girl who’s behind this blog and all its wonders.
Here’s the short version of things:
I’m a writer, reader, artist, dreamer, and most importantly, a daughter of the King. If you enjoy reading about fairytales, gemology, books, and the stumbles of a Christian teen, then welcome! If not, then you will at least like the dodo.
Here’s the longer, deeper, heavier, fuller version of things:
My name is pronounced like “Mary,” not “Marie.” I’m not French; I’m Chinese-Korean.
I’m an aspiring author-artist– which means I love to read, write, and make pretty things with pencils and pens and watercolors and things. I’ve been writing fiction since I was eight, reading novels since I was seven, and drawing animals since I was five.
I believe that I have progressed quite far since then.
I adore storytelling in any form– in writing, music, nature, or art. Granted, I’m not a musical person, and I live in the middle of a huge city, so nature and music are not one of my more common hobbies. But through writing and art, I hope to spread God’s light and live my life for His glory.
Here’s a list of my likes:
- Fiction novels (fantasy, fairytale retellings, some dystopian, historical, steampunk, a Christian thriller now and then)
- Tragic, tear-jerking music (except I never cry when I listen to it)
- Mountains (so majestic)
- Ocean (so beautiful)
- Fairytales, gemology, folklore, and animals (yeah you already got that)
- China, Korea… and Texas ( 🙂 )
- Mountain hiking (eh, it goes with mountains)
- Pretty art (… well, what did you expect?)
- Talking about Creationism (and evolution)
- History (but alas, there is yet to come a day where I will not find a history book that is not GROTESQUELY BIASED and overindulgent to the country from which it came)
- Mythical creatures (specifically the wolpertinger, dragons, griffins, and the basilisk yes I’m horrifically morbid)
I post on Imperial Scribis every Wednesday and Saturday, although that schedule is prone to change. Here I write about books, fairytales, life, writing itself, art, and of course, Jesus– among many other things. Get ready for bullet lists, rambles, pure INFJ-ness, and lots of winking (I promise you I don’t wink this much in real life, but I do smile mischievously a lot). If you dare to click on the follow button, then you might as well buckle up for a wiiiiiiiiild ride!
See ya around!
~ Merie Shen